Unboxing Day

Unboxing Day


I ordered my Falcon on Monday, December 18, 2017.  With all the shipping traffic during the holiday season, I didn't expect to receive anything until after Christmas.  I was surprised at the end of the week when I UPS delivered tow boxes on Friday; one containing the binder and the other containing Issues 17-22.  Just enough to wet my appetite and make the wait over the Christmas weekend take forever.

On a hunch, I checked the UPS tracking number for my order and saw that 5 boxes were due to be delivered on Saturday (the 23rd).  We were supposed to leave for my mother's for the holiday weekend on Saturday, but there was no way I was going to let those boxes sit outside my front door all weekend.  So, enduring the frustration of my wife at not getting on the road, I waited for the boxes to arrive.  Fortunately they arrived in the early afternoon and we weren't too late getting to my mom's.

Once I got back home, I took inventory of all the boxes.  The parts bag for issue 12 was missing as were the magazines and part bags for issues 17, 18, 19 and 20.  I called Model Space to report the missing items.  Part bag 12 was delivered 2 weeks later and I've been told that issues 17-20 are on back-order and will be sent as soon as possible.  It's now been a month since placing my order and still no sign of the back-ordered issues.

Next it was time to go issue by issue and check to make sure all the parts were there.  I was missing two parts from issue 13 (internal hold parts), one electrical clip from issue 88, and remarkably, the screwdriver from issue 2.  I won't report these individual missing parts until I receive issues 17-20 and inventory those parts.

One of the Sublight Engine light strips has two burned out LED's and the test buttons on the main circuit board don't consistently function, so I'll report those with the missing parts.

Now it's time to get down to business and start working on this monster.  First up will be the cockpit. 

Comments